Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Dragon Rampant Question

I was reading an online battle report today and read something that got me rather confused... I had always taken it as every unit in Dragon Rampant fought with 12 dice until they were reduced to half strength, then they use 6 dice. Now if that unit was one of six figures, I still used 12 dice until it was taken down to three.

 In the report I read today a unit of six model fought with 6 dice. This left me a little confused, I have read the rules today and only found the 'full strength unit equals 12 dice rule', Is there anyone out there that knows the answer to this query?

5 comments:

tim said...

My understanding of the rules is the same as yours. Perhaps a house rule? Or THEY misread/misunderstood the rule...?

Secundus said...

Oh good, as I am preparing units of scouts for the game it's something I wanted to get to the bottom of.

By the way Tim I was researching scouts in Dragon Rampant and I was lead to your battle report with your children. Fun report and I must have read it many times in the past as well. Your basing had a huge influence on my own armies like you wouldn't believe. So for that, thank you.

TWD said...

Yep, you're correct. 12 dice until half strength.

TWD said...

Yep, you're correct. 12 dice until half strength.

Natholeon said...

Agree with the above. 12 dice for everyone.