Friday, March 20, 2020

Colonial Marines

 Now the paint job is done I thought I would try to add a little personality to the Marines. The personal touches the Marines drew onto their armour were a huge part of the look of the unit. I gave this a bit of thought and decided to try some tiny decals I had bought for my 15mm sci-fi stuff.
 Once washed with decal fixer and varnished again they should work well. It’s just to add a tiny amount of colour and detail to the figures, just enough to catch the eye. Most of these decal sheets are for the Gundam range of plastic kits and we’re bought off EBay.

 I took the opportunity to stick some danger signs on these RPG’s while I had everything out.




Hudson’s classic armour from the film.

3 comments:

Scalene said...

Terrific

Grenzer John said...

I like these! They look business-like and serious while war-weary at the same time. Keep up the good work... even as we all hide from the virus.

Bluewillow said...

Great stuff, you can have lots of fun with Marines and all of the crazy sayings they have, lots of inspiration from Vietnam stuff too.

Cheers
Matt
French Wargame Holidays