Sunday, January 10, 2021

Galloping Major Militia

Managed to grab this off eBay... with laminated cards! Very pleased.

Well the painting results are in. A coat of matt varnish was added over the soft tone dip and the results look okay. The main thing is for me they are now quite tough and hardy with the dip varnish applied. They did darken down a little bit but not a great deal. I think the strong tone dip would have been a different story.

I will use these photos to go back over the miniatures and touch up any mistakes.These were painted quickly using base colours, highlighted once then in some cases a wash added. After this they were painted with Soft tone dip, then matt varnished.


A very enjoyable bunch of figures to paint with nice big details. I love the style of this figures and I think they are amongst my favourite sculpts of any range. As mentioned last post I have ordered some Huron Indians for them to fight against.




These figures would also make great minute men for the American revolution.

The idea was a little simple highlighting early on would save me time after the dip, so for now I will leave these and crack on with some more.

 

3 comments:

Neil said...

The figures look great!
Neil

Secundus said...

Thanks Neil, I’ve enjoyed your reports on Victory without Quarter by the way. Still building my armies for that game.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

I like the way that the dip kind of melds the colours of the different uniform/clothing together and makes them whole... it's a shame it kind of shades the skin tone as well... they are lovely though!