Friday, January 29, 2021

Geal’s Regiment Of Foote




Time to start a new regiment of Foote while the inspiration takes me. This one again will be a fictional regiment based on a good friend again, it makes painting regiments actually quite fun. This one will have black standards, however, I couldn’t justify the coats being black so have opted for grey. Parliament was famous for their grey uniforms ( parliament grey) and so these should fit in great with the look of the Roundhead army.

To make painting these large regiments a bit more fun and achievable, I have bagged up each section in its own bag. I hand picked these musketeers and pikemen a few months ago and worked out the three ranks needed for the bases. This gives each regiment a nice shop bought feel when I come to paint them. Also having a bag of nine or twelve figures to paint at a time is a very enjoyable number with results being achieved in just one evening.

The great lead mountain that provides all these figures was purchased many years ago from Renegade Miniatures. It has been added to with Bicorne and Foundry among many others over the years.


The full regiment bagged up in its three bags ready for painting. Inside are four bags, two of musketeers and one of pikemen. The fourth bag is command.

 It’s always good to get a cat to help choose which bag to start with, otherwise it can be very tricky to get going.

3 comments:

Neil said...

Secundus,
Now you are making me feel guilty for my Scots. I have 2 unfinished Regiments of Foote, 2 units of Dragoons and a Saker to do. But - they are on my list of goals for the year. I might have missed it in your narrative but what figures are you using?
Neil

Secundus said...

These are from Renegade miniatures with a few Bicorne mixed in for good measure.

Phil Curran said...

When Godzilla-cat tells you what to do you'd better listen!