Monday, October 31, 2022

Basings the Americas

I used my experience of basing up the American Civil war to base up these new units. I used different flocks to get over the look of a woodland floor. Twigs from the garden were used again to act as fallen trees.

Large 6mm tufts help with the wooded undergrowth look.

Mixed herbs and tiny leaves were sprinkled over the flocks to finish the effect.

Light Infantry in open order.





 I took some pictures of a British woodland while walking for some inspiration.


UPDATE: I went back to these bases when the PVA was dry and added two foliage flocks These were placed in patches and on existing tufts to act as undergrowth.






The mixed herbs look good as dead leaves and make a nice contrast with the green heathy plants.
The two tones helped to add a bit of death to the foliage.


I'm looking forward to doing American riflemen skirmishing in extended order on these bases. Three to a base with lots of cover.


3 comments:

James Fisher said...

Those look brilliant. The finished result is worth all the effort that you put into them.
Regards, James

Secundus said...

Thanks James
It's always nice to finish the bases, I get too carried away with painting.

Secundus said...

Thanks James
It's always nice to finish the bases, I get too carried away with painting.