Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Making Hedgerows in 28mm

The next step on this hedgerow adventure is to flock the structures. I had the idea of flocking different bushes in varying colours to give the effect of a real old hedgerow.

For this I went to eBay and ordered a few different shades of green from Luke APS. I also treated myself to his sealant for basing, hopefully this will make the end result bullet proof. 
On some of the flocks, I used my fingers to work the material into the fibres, just to make sure everything was stuck good and proper.

I used a yellow flock to create patches of Elderflowers. This just adds some contrast to all that green.
I tried to keep my old Bonsai tree it's natural colour as it looks old and dead. It actually died back in 1998 and I have kept it just for an occasion like this.
I also used a lighter tone of green to sprinkle on some bushes to give a highlight.



Well, we're almost done, just the basing to do now with the mud etc. This project is a lot of fun and the results are nice and quick, worth the burnt figures with the glue gun!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Splendid work! As always. The color & texture differences do make a difference. Well done.
~ Tom T

pancerni said...

Terrain is always left the effort; What the country wanted was to fill in . It woud ko /flan

Neil Patterson said...

Impressive!
Neil

Unlucky General said...

Superb results. Too many people fail to vary the hues of green for foliage Your subtle use oif colours is excellent. Very effective. Thanks for posting.

Codsticker said...

I love them! But I would- I have made a few in a very similar fashion.😁

Aly Morrison said...

They are the business… lovely work.

All the best. Aly