Saturday, May 06, 2023

Confederate Command

More Rebels pour from the woods. Again the Dixon figures have been raised slightly by sticking them on plasticard first, just to tie them in with the other manufacturers.




 UPDATE: North Carolina enters the fray. Five regiments, enough for a large Brigade or even a small Division.




The state flag meant adding a standard bearer and cramming him into the base. I like to add the occasional four figures to a base as it looks good in a regiment and creates a little variety.


I will go over these when the glue is dry and just touch up the white edges on the blue. I found working with PVA is a lot easier than my usual wood glue technique.

Not that it really matters, but I made a note on the bottom of the base of the units name, eg. 4th North Carolina.

I even dug out this old officer to represent General Grimes. I thought it's the least I could do as he came with his own flag on the sheet. A few extra figures rush into the painting list to make up the base.

UPDATE: General Byran Grimes. Roughing out the base for the General. I believe the two waving rifles and hats are from Raven miniatures. Officer and standard bearer are from Foundry.




This search on the internet showed that Byran had a black slouch hat, so I tweaked mine to match. I might build his beard up with gel Superglue on the model 

Another sneaky command and infantry base gets squeezed in. 
The infantry base was fun because there is a guy about to turn tail and skedaddle.

3 comments:

James Fisher said...

Those are fine looking command stands, full of character.
Regards, James

Aly Morrison said...

Lovely lively command stands… the standards really add to the sense of movement…

All the best. Aly

Dave Toone said...

Lovely work. Very inspiring!