Saturday, August 05, 2023

Federal Skirmishers




I've decided not to get too carried away with the Rebs until I have completed the Feds. Well, all the pieces necessary to play an actual game of Bonnie Blue Flag. I am painting them once they are stuck onto the base, which I have to say, seems easier.


The latest line washed with Dark tone Dip glistens In the back ground. There will be two of these bases to every regiment to act as skirmishers.
I couldn't resist painting another Union command as the figures screamed Billy Yank, the forces in grey won't miss them.

A brigades worth of skirmishers. 

The next thing I need to do is organise two batteries of Federal Artillery. I'm not looking forward to doing the horses but I do have an idea for that up my sleeve...


 These Dixon figures are great for skirmishers as the poses are great and are packed with character.

No comments: