Friday, August 18, 2023

Heavy Decepticon Bomber

I received this large key ring toy of Starscream from the latest film. I'm not a massive fan of the new Michael Bay films, so this bot had to be given some good old Eighties chunky panelling to fit in better with the others.

For this I went to my trusty plasticard and superglue combo.


He is still an odd ape shape but at least now he has blocky legs with a more geometric look. A nice bright paint job will hopefully put him squarely back in the Eighties.

Groundpounder is born. A large aerial bomber who can drop a huge payload of explosives to lay waste to any Autobot fortress. He is used to flush Autobot units into the open, from here the swift Seekers can finish the job.


He is a huge bot with quite a pay load of missiles. I imagine him to be a big heavy bomber. He has to be slow witted or he'd be running things.
Prime is dwarfed by the brute.






 The original key ring toy, there was too much exposed wiring for me. Time to cover up and get some armour on. I might try a simple paint scheme to hide some of the detail.

In Xenos Rampant this bot would have around three wounds I imagine.


UPDATE: I replaced the head with a more blocky old school one. Having big optics and a mouth is a classic look. This particular head has goggles which is a nice touch as he turns into a bomber plane.


The purple goes well with the blue and makes him look very Decepticon.


No comments: