Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Near Future Marine

This is just a bit of fun, a plastic Marine from Wargames Atlantic 'Ooh- Raa' box set. These are clearly influenced by the Colonel marines from Alien.

I used some reference from the latest desert conflicts to paint up a realistic looking marine.
The camouflage was created simply with a sponge. Light grey green, stippled with white, then given a wash of green ink. Simple but effective.

To help contrast between the different materials, I gave the armour a gloss varnish to make it pop.
Some sort of border issue going on...

My memory notes for following members of the unit. Looking at my modern research, a lot of kit can vary within a unit, so it'll be nice to add different colour items on the belts etc.

 The gloss on the armour also marks it out as being metal. 

After looking a metal mini's, I'm reminded of just how good these plastic figures are for value.

This was a single figure I had made up and under coated, but after this test model...I really want to do some more.

No comments: