Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Basing the 7th WIP

I finally got around to basing the Companies of the 7th. For this I choose a sandy looking product from Luke's APS. Surprisingly it was the New Zealand basing mix that fitted the bill the best. The light sand seemed better the my usual Arid mix.
Onto this light sand I will first add a layer of golden coloured grass. Once dry, I will add patches of 4mm grass with my new applicator. There's also tufts of various colours which can be scattered around too.

As Custer organized his Companies in horse coat colours, it's important to to keep track who is who. The classic being Company 'E', the grey horse Company.

A skirmish line, dismounted and spread out, horse holders to the rear.
A mounted Company I.
The production line. I have another two packs of mounted troops to paint up. This will bring me to the Five Companies of Custer. These five Companies should be good for playing Reno's hill top fight as well.

My kit bashed Crow scouts look good amongst the cavalrymen.

 Not sure if these stickers will last the test of time, we'll have to see.

No comments: