Sunday, December 13, 2020

Frost Grave Demons as Orcs


Yesterday I spent a few hours on these mainly because I was excited to see what the armour would look like in leather. The fur cloaks helped the orcy look for sure. These are large warrior looking orcs, their veteran status has awarded them the best equipment.


Although different I have quite a soft spot for these smaller orcs. These have had their Demon goat legs replaced with warlordgames orc legs. The Demon helmets actually make for good orc ones too. The arms on this guy are from the Oathmark goblin set. I didn’t really use a lot of spear arms so always have loads left over.



I went for a armour being made of think leather plates, but this shot does show the armour as metal just for reference. I have to say, it makes for a great Morannon orc from Jackson’s LOTR films.

This is a nice orc skin colour, it’s greatcoat grey washed with Army painter flesh wash.

 The best thing about painting orcs is messing around with their skin colours, even putting patchy skin together then washing it with brown ink. Always my favourite part of the figure the flesh part.


 The Demon kit also comes with little extras like this chin guard, I stuck it on the helmet for more spiky goodness.

6 comments:

Miles said...

Excellent work

caveadsum1471 said...

Even better results with a coat of paint!
Best Iain

Aly Morrison said...

Very nice indeed... I really like the look of these.

All the best. Aly

Engel said...

Wow, excellent work!

szeperd said...

Splendid!

Neil said...

Excellent idea and ingenuity!
Neil