Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Finishing up old projects.

It felt good today to be finishing up this squadron of Round heads. Two more bases of trotters to take the fight to the Royalists. These are queuing up ready to be put into their horses and then painted with the Dip. The horses will be a simple affair mostly bays and the Dip will shade them too.
The line for the toilets at Euston station!
Base colours for the troopers, I’ve been playing around with different Buff paints again. These guys from Essex Miniatures are wearing a helmet sketched in the Osprey ECW cavalry book. It’s described as a simple style of helmet knocked together by a blacksmith. It makes sense to me that when finished, this will be a newly raised, ‘green’ unit. So the shoddy looking buff coats will help with the look of that, hastily thrown together and equipped quickly from different sources.
The ‘to do’ tray is a bit of a mixed bag this month. A few old jobs and some moving repairs made it into the tray.
 

5 comments:

rross said...

Nice ECW Cavalry and the mix of different buff coats makes sense to me - I have done it in some of my units too!

fireymonkeyboy said...


It's a look I'm going for with my covenanters - slight variations in tone, but the unit still hangs together.

JPChapleau said...

Nice work, mate. I will go and work on my own stack of half-painted work.

szeperd said...

I always like to watch your ECW units!

Alandre said...

I always turn to Vampire any time I want to. I became a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to anybody. at the snack of my finger things are made happen. I am now a Powerful Man and no one steps on me without an apology. I turn to Human beings also at any time I want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my Town. I became a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduced me into a Vampire Kingdom by giving me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com