Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Frost Grave Demons as Orcs


See what I mean... these Demons make for great Morannon orcs from the Jackson films. Very handy for GW players.
The motley line up, quickly mustered and sent off to the front.


I do like the Demon shields with all the rivets and overlapping plates.
The black watch, I painted these as black Uruks with black/ blue skin. I actually used confederate grey from Foundry for some of the flesh tones.


“Stop pushing at the back you maggots!”
Black leather armour looks good and is different from what I have done before. I bought some GW Contrast paints from eBay and the ‘Black Templar’ is very useful for this.

This is interesting, a Mantic goblin on the right makes for a nice Snaga archer. The next figure is half FG Demon and half Warlordgames orc. The goat legged Demons can be sawn in half so as not to waste the torso. The big guy is a Frost Grave Demon with orc head.
Close up of the mix of the two sprues. They make for a good medium size orc.
 

5 comments:

Grenzer John said...

All I can say is... your painting and your creativity with the models are fantastic.

Secundus said...

Ha ha thank you John.

Ragsta said...

That’s a great use of those parts and they’ve painted up lovely!

Biblicrafts Miniatures said...

Yes , this is a 100% match! Great work , and idea :)

Engel said...

They look really good!