Wednesday, March 24, 2021

1690 WIP


I have used Warlord games plastics to produce quite a cheap regiment, however, for the character figures like the command and pikemen, I went to Northstar. The metals match up well with the plastics and add a little more detail to the officers. I added some metal pikemen also from Northstar, but to help keep the cost down and add so different poses I created a couple of pikemen from the plastic kit.
I am desperately trying to keep the number of figures down so I actually stand a chance of finishing units... but I’m finding it hard as I do like big regiments. I have decided seven to a base is a good number and looks  better than six.


Northstar metal pikemen and officers. Brush bristles for pikes again.



These plastic pikemen will add a bit of variety to the pike base at the back of the regiment.

















Reference material stored so I know where to get it in the future.


 

6 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Excellent work Sir! What rules do you plan on using?

Paul said...

Lovely stuff as always

tradgardmastare said...

Lovely work indeed.

Phil said...

Such a gorgeous period...Impressive paint job!

BigRedBat said...

Welcome to a period I love! I'm also doing this in 28mm.

rross said...

Very nice work...I have several WSS Regiments of the Warlord plastics and I think they are pretty good...and being plastic allows an amateur like me to do a few conversions....like you have done with the pike men. Adding in metal command and other individuals helps add a bit of extra character to the units. The paint work on them is very nice, by the way!