Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Converting ECW cavalry

This is just a quick post as I slaughter my way through a couple of ECW troopers. These are of course the plastic warlord Games plastic cavalry, however, to make them fit in better with my larger figures I’m going to give them a brain transplant.


Cheap plastic cavalry at £18 for twelve and a pack of heads from Redoubt at £1.50, can’t go wrong. That reminds me I will have to order some more. Steve Barber has started to do heads too so that’s worth a look.

Quite easy to do. At first I thought the long moulded hair would be a problem, but a sharp scalpel takes it off no problem. You could add some green stuff hair if you like, but looking at these you don’t really need to. The metal heads are spare Redoubt cavalry ones and I think they have hair already under the helmet.

Of course with new heads you can always tweak the position, I found all these Warlord Games plastics were just staring forward so a little change is a good thing. 

There’s not a lot in it but I think the new head brings them more into scale with the larger Bicorne, Renegade and Bloody miniatures ranges.
 

5 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Bloody hell, the heads are expensive! ;0)

caveadsum1471 said...

Not a lot of savings at £150 for a pack of heads,I thought Foundry were expensive!
Best Iain

Secundus said...

Listen a hundred and filthy pounds for five heads is cheap at half the price.

Secundus said...

Haha good spot. I shall add a decimal point ASAP.

Ray Rousell said...

Lol