Wednesday, March 03, 2021

VWQ card Idea


 This is a quick sketch to rough out an idea. A simple cartoon of all the units involved, maybe I should include a patch of either orange or red to mark them more clearly as one side or the other.

I found some nice little blank playing cards a couple of years ago and squirrelled them away for a later date. Now I just need to find them after the house move. Oh well, I’m sure they’ll turn up, this quick sketch is drawn on roughly the same size of card.

4 comments:

Codsticker said...

I like it! If it were me I would probably add an identifying mark for Royalists and Parliamentarians as I would certainly screw it up.

Secundus said...

Yeah I was thinking of the regiment colour fluttering in the background, that would make identification a lot quicker.

Rob said...

Nice one - I was thinking of printing photos of the regimental command groups with their colours to do something similar under VWQ. Actually I use VWQ for the activation/sequencing and random events but C&C for combat/morale.

nickw said...

That is lovely...

I did the same as Rob for my 6mm VWQ armies - though cavalry guidons are hard to identify in a photo at that scale. For my 28mm I'll be going with just the flags (I use interchangeable flags for the units), scaled to fit the card.

But if I had the talent, I'd go with your artistic option..