Saturday, January 13, 2024

News from the Front

British re-enforcement arrived today.

I also picked up another likely looking Tommy type from eBay. These come from 3D kingdoms and look very apt. Unfortunately, I think they look a little on the short side again, even though they are sold as 28mm. I've keep them on their slotta peg to help give them a boost height wise  I might use these variants as Canadians, just so I can explain their different kit.
After buying a couple of these 3D print packages, it's quite nice to find out that out of all of them, I think I prefer the kitbashed plastic ones I made up 


A ptop robot again from 3D kingdoms. I thought these odd, low tech bots would make good German machines. I'm looking forward to painting them in the classic dark yellow armour colour.

Also a beautiful thing arrived and although I've been looking forward to it, it blow me away when I opened the box. It's sold as a Male MK IV. However the panelling is very fantasy and made up. This is perfect for what I wanted for a weird World War.

It was nice that it came in one piece, another walker type arrived looking like a printed sheet.

Here are two printed Tommies... I had trouble sticking the new guys to the MDF bases, then I had the idea of setting the  in the mud mix from Vallejo. This should fix them solid, then I can go over them again when I come to base then proper.


 UPDATE:

I think it's worked... With their muddy bases covered, the heavies match up quite well. 
I tried a little tip I got off a diarma maker on YouTube and sprinkled some static grass in the wet mud. Seems to work nice and adds some extra detail.


Not too bad now height wise.


1 comment:

Grenzer John said...

That's a grand model! I'm impressed!