Monday, January 22, 2024

Tkmax jungle plants.

I fancied making something tonight so dug out a couple of potted plastic plants. I had bought these about four years ago and had just found them again after moving.
An extra bonus was that they just pulled out of their pots with quite a lot of spare trunk.
To make the two plants go further, I thought I'd cut one up to make younger trees.

I kept one as is and it made a great palm like tree. These should work for historical games too as I think at a pinch they do pass as palms.
I also found these resin pots while rifling through my boxes. I thought as I'm creating bases, these might as well get stuck onto some. I added rocks to create more scenic bases and so they can be used for hard cover.


I think the oasis is contaminated...don't drink the water.

I hadn't really planned to but as I had some paints in my bits box, I thought I'd see if I could paint the pots with them. This was quite fun working with just a few colours. After a wash or two they turned out okay.

Still messing around with the man eating plants, I added some flower tufts around the stamen. This really helped give the model a flower look and was definitely a good move.

What is that terrible smell? Smells like rotting meat mixed with treacle. I think it's coming from over here...follow me.


 Here are the two cheap potted plants from Tkmax. I think they were on the reduced shelf for about £3 each. I always check the indoor plant shelf for any goodies. These had trees written all over them.

2 comments:

Simon said...

Those are really nice and it’s good to get stuff used and finished.

Rob said...

Nice! I must get down to my local garder centre - the wife will be suspicious but pleased as she usually has to nag me to go.