Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Zombie survival plan

Packing up a load of old war games magazines today I found this. It’s my zombie survival plan, everyone’s got one right...if you haven’t, it’s about time you did. I had many, all forgotten now in the tides of time but this one was different, it was written down and survived. It dates from around 2003 and followed a deluge of zombie film nights.
The idea was simple, cut away a large section of the stairs leaving a tiny cat walk up the side near the wall. The shuffling Zombies wouldn’t be able to balance on the tiny steps so would be kept at arms length. That’s the idea anyway, but you know in practice something would go horribly wrong. That’s the law about zombie films, everyone has a good plan and it works...until it goes horribly wrong.

This of course would be the last defensive obstacle in a line of precautions. Always make sure you have access to the roof in the shopping centre too, that’s a must. Of course all things changed with the release of ‘28 days later’... I’m not so sure my missing stairs would cut it in that scenario.

I need a new plan...

4 comments:

Phil Curran said...

Romero shambling zombies are the only true Zombies. None of this 28 Days later, World War Z Usain Bolt speed Z's!!!! Chop away your stairs young man and you will live to see another dawn!!!!

Secundus said...

I hear ya

slovak said...

Tree house, my friend. With a rope ladder.

Secundus said...

Arrr nice plan