Friday, September 03, 2021

Making pouches

After finishing a couple of Wolf rider cloaks I discovered I had a bit of green stuff left over. I normally just makes these into rocks for bases, but today I thought I would give some pouches a go. This was the right decision as they were quick and fun to do.

I added some tiny details to them with the sharp end of the tool, hopefully this will catch the stain in the dip process.
Wolf armour was added too.
Rugged fur was created by flicking the putty up at the end. It makes it look quite animated, perfect for galloping Wolf riders.
I also tried a new size of pen to give me some different marks. This troll hide has larger ‘scales’ in the centre thanks to the biro.


A larger bag for a bit of food for this archer. It filled a nice big space on his back.
The button was made simply by using the retractable pencil to stamp a mark on the top.

A new troll skin cloak takes shape. Easy, quick and fun to do.
 Your orcs will thank you for it!

7 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Excellent work, adding lovely detail and character.

tradgardmastare said...

P.s would green stuff adhere to soft plastic?

Phil Curran said...

The archer has a real Robin Hood look about him!

James said...

Ooo those are nice

Secundus said...

Yeah I imagine so, it’s pretty good stuff. Not sure how waxy the soft plastic is but I can’t see there being any problems.

Secundus said...

He does doesn’t he, my castling on his hood doesn’t help matters. The Fireforge archer box has three hooded heads in it, this being one.

Secundus said...

Thanks James, can’t have enough Wolf riders!