Thursday, March 17, 2022

Twoshedsfred forest and ruins

A little while back I contacted Fred and Emily about making me some woodland bases. Everyone needs a nice forest or two and I knew Fred was the one to ask.

I had originally wanted two large bases of woods with a clearing in the middle. However, after discussing it with Fred, he came up with a nice idea that was a lot more flexible. Smaller bases of three trees that could be put together to create different sizes of forest.



Here are the bases as they arrived, very nice indeed. They were a lot bigger than I had imagined which was an extra bonus.



The triangle bases work really well and can join together with others to create various sizes of woodland.
The spaces in-between the trees were made so I could put my 60mmx60mm figure bases in them. This was a nice touch and it allows for ease of play, without losing the dense forest feel.
Well, I have to say my Company of Silvan Elves were very much at home in there. They wouldn't leave in fact.



I love the foliage shadows from the sun, makes for a very realistic base.
As well as the wood, I also commissioned another couple of ruins, these will act as Dale again. I have enough now for quite a cityscape. These could also double as the interior of Moria for some Dwarf and Orc fighting.
Some very nice blue foam work going on with the steps
Here's a shot of the lot together, now I need to work out where I'm going to store it all. It did come in a very nice big box and that will be a good place to keep them in.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another name check. Love the extra detail you have added and the natural daylight really brings them to life. Cheers from Fred and Emily. The Two Shed Team.