Thursday, March 17, 2022

Adding Extra Details






Over the hundreds of gaming years I have collected a wealth of scenery bits and bobs. These woodland bases are great, but I will just add a few touches to tie them in with my figure bases 

Tiny leaves and my usual mixed herbs make for great leaf litter. Also, some twigs from the garden make for effective fallen trees.




Clumps of dry moss from Geek Gaming make great undergrowth and brambles.




The fallen logs covered in leaves etc work well.

I did buy some Bracken Tufts for my Elven bases, they also get an outing here too.
I dug out my bag of old green Lichen, the smell of which takes me straight back to 1984. I used to use it for my old Warhammer battles and the smell is full of nostalgia for me. I only stuck a tiny bit on the actual tree bases, as I normally just scatter it about.
I then wash the leaf litter in water and wood glue, this makes it wargame proof and stops bits from getting knocked off.

 

3 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

Your on fire at the moment…
I turn my back for a moment and I nearly miss there posts 😂

All lovely stuff indeed… your collection is really coming together.


All the best. Aly

~ Tom T said...

Spectacular results! I'd love to play on your table someday.
I use similar techniques. Though I apply model RR "wet Water" first, and mix my glue & matt medium mix with isopropyl alcohol. (Dries faster than water in my experience.)

Lovely Inspiring work. Thanks for keeping us all updated & for sharing your methods.
~ Tom T

Codsticker said...

Fantastic pieces of scenery. All the debris on the forest floor really makes them.