Sunday, March 27, 2022

Third Company of Lindir

Here is the new Elf captain, I have to say I think he's my favourite so far. His torso is from a Fire Forge Byzantine set. His shield is also from Fire Forge but this time their Sargent box. It has a lot of green stuff on it but the shape is good. His sword arm is from a GW High Elf and his head is from a Oathmark Elf sprue.


Here are the new guys, straight out of the merk of Merkwood.

I was having trouble trying to decide who to put on, in the end I thought I would add a seventh figure just for luck. The herald to the company who refused to be left behind, who am I to argue.

I had originally thought all the Elves would have those snazzy shields from Scibor. However, I enjoyed making the green stuff shields so much, they have become quite numerous. Their detail and colour help them match the Scibor ones, with the added bonus of them being unique as well. Those Elven Smith's have been busy in their underground smithies.
The whole 1st 'wing' of Elves, Lindir's companies.



Hopefully they all gel together, I did want to paint them all in browns, but they insisted on turning up in their own clothes. I found them very fussy people to work with, but we got their in the end 

 

7 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

A great looking unit…
The shields and the colours work really well together…

All the best. Aly

Secundus said...

Thanks Aly.Im getting quite carried away making the green stuff shields now...it's a bit addictive.

~ Tom T said...

Absolutely brilliant! Yes, never argue with a Herald.
~ Tom T

szeperd said...

Splendid unit, congratulations.

Codsticker said...

Wonderful looking unit, great colour choices.

George Duff said...

Great, great work. And I thought your orcs were good ...

Bùi minh Vicenza said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.