Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Even Mori Fomori

Recently I managed to pick up this Fomorian leader off eBay. It gave me another little nudge towards finishing some warbands of the slippery monsters.
I used a piece of plastic High Elf armour to finish this guys Greenstuff helmet. It also pulls it closer to the metal sculpts from Bob Olly.
This is a converted Cave troll from Reaper.
While at Warfare 2022, I picked up some more Fomorian looking Cave trolls from Reaper. These have the big ears I was looking for that match the Alternative Army Fomorians. At £4.50 for a huge figure, it's not to be sniffed at.

To make them look a little more Fomorian, I'm going to add bronze armour.


This massive fish monster from Reaper also received some green stuff love. Mainly, his joints being filled and textured. I also added large clumps of seaweed to add a bit of coastal feel.



Reaper Bones figures really come into their own when trying to create an army on the cheap.

I really enjoy trying to make detailed Celtic armour now, it's the best thing about playing this era for me. Lots of tiny swirls and circles should look good once dry brushed.


I think there's been an accident!
 
I used a coating of Thondia Brown base paint to give the smooth plastic a skin like texture. Should pay off in the dry brushing stage.

3 comments:

Codsticker said...

Fantastic details you have added. Very impressive how you are using your greenstuff skills to bring these models from different ranges together.

caveadsum1471 said...

Great looking conversions as always!
Best Iain

Aly Morrison said...

Lovely work on these creatures…
I particularly like the big fishy thing.

All the best. Aly