Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Scotia Grendel Rockpools

I ordered some scenery from Scotia Grendel last week for my Celtic project. Lovely standing stones and also a group of Rockpools caught my eye too. Great for those slimy, shore bandits, the Fomorians I thought.
They are very nice with lots of seaside details.

I used the idea of the stalagmites to help create the look of the Fomorian bases. The jagged rocks are something I hadn't thought about before, but they look in keeping with a rugged coastline. They also echo the monsters spiky appearance, helping him blend in. It hasn't got this big by being seen...


I have left a flat area of base that will become a rockpool. Green stuff will be used to cover the rocks in weed and barnacles etc when the glue dries.

Thinking about it, some grit mixed with wood glue would make for great barnacles when applied to the stones. The grit could be dry brushed, creating a nice effect.
I will leave these scenery pieces unbased, so they can be placed seamlessly onto the terrain. 
I'm glad I got them as they have given me lots of basing ideas. Little stones from the driveway are always handy for this sort of project too 

 







1 comment:

Aly Morrison said...

Nice interesting looking bases…
I’m looking forward to seeing them painted.

All the best. Aly