Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Creating Silvan Elves


Over Christmas I have been trying out a new method of making cloaks. In the old days I would roughly squash out a cloak shape with my fingers and then sculpt it into the figure, this time I tried rolling it out flat first.

The results were soooo much better than I thought and the cloaks actually looked good. This project is really handy for the future with Early Saxon and Arthurian troops etc round the corner. Even future hi tech snipers with their camo cloaks all will benefit from these easy to learn steps.
 The best thing is, it's a lot of fun and producing new figures that look half way decent is very rewarding. So I recommend the rolling technique very much. I know this must be common knowledge in the converting circles, but if you haven’t tried it yet give it a go, it’s  great fun and the results are satisfying.






Conquest Norman knight converted to an Elf simply by adding a cloak and feather.


No comments: