Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Night of the Dip

 More pictures of tonight’s forays into dipping the English Civil War. I thought the pike colours really came to life with the added Dip.

 I did think ahead and try to add a little brown into most colours so the dark brown stain would hopefully shade them better. Also I was pleased with the shading on the tawny orange sashes.

 The process isn’t over yet of course as you can still use the original colours to touch up and highlight the figures. I always feel the faces are bit that lets down the Dip but once highlighted the figure looks great. A bit of time spent on the flesh colours either before or after the Dip should pay off. I even remember painting stubble on my French which looked good. The face is the focal point of the figure, once that looks good you don’t have to worry about the trousers, legging and shoes etc.







No comments: