Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Parliamentarian Cavalry

 Well I sprayed the new cavalry with Testors dull coat and they fit in nicely with the previous regiment. Even the dark steel helmets look the same which was nice. I found the spray varnish a bit tricky tonight so I might switch to Vallejo brush on matte varnish instead. A little bit more controllable.



 Also tonight I got around to basing up the rest of Sir Herbert Jackson’s shotte. Just the pike and the command to base now, they are all painted apart from the four ensigns. I won’t Dip those, just to speed things up. After that the regiment should be done.


6 comments:

szeperd said...

Arrgh! Splendid!

P.S. can you please remind which colour you used for the leather collets at Ironsides and how you made the dark steel effect?

Secundus said...

Dark steel is basically GW iron breaker mixed with black to get the right colour. The buff leather is a new idea, its using Vallejo 'old wood'. GW desert yellow is mixed into some to vary the colour.
I want to do some with really yellow buff and black armour as seen in many books, great for Parliamentarian cavalry. I will do a post on the colours for you.

szeperd said...

Many thanks for reply and I look forward to 'colours' post ;)

Neil said...

They look great.

Codsticker said...

You've really nailed the dip technique- the shading is perfect.

Phil said...

Lovely units, great job!