Sunday, October 11, 2020

Basing Night

15 command stands should be enough for most games now.



As I will soon be moving house, there is a sense of impending doom growing over the hobby room. Things are starting to disappear into boxes. There are a number of WIP projects that  suddenly have a deadline, so tonight I thought it best to crack on and try to quickly finish a few. All the latest Dipped Federals were flocked and squirrelled away up stairs in their boxes.


Here can be seen the new guys added to some from earlier this month. The only real difference in basing was I didn’t use the Flock box on the latest ones. Time is an issue with so much to do, so I skipped that part of the process. Maybe in the future when things are less tense I can go back and finish them. The most important element with basing the ACW is dry herbs to act as sticks and dead grass.



I was pleased to see that this latest batch is easily a Brigade in strength, complete with command bases. The wagon was a purchase off eBay and was a real pig of a paint job. I repainted it quickly using washes. Job done and now the Union have another supply waggon.

The Brigade advances.
I was surprised to see how much bigger the 1st corps guns were compared to the old Foundry ones, considering they are both 28mm. Still, I don’t think anyone will care once on the board.
It was nice to finish off the skirmish bases, I used some moss from Luke APS to give them some soft cover.


Dry herbs work their magic for the terrain of North America.



My old bonsai tree keeps giving with its fantastic dead roots, all twisted and gnarled, great for bases. 

Union sharpshooter takes aim from his hiding place. Luke APS moss, again makes for some great scenery.
 

2 comments:

caveadsum1471 said...

Great looking basing, lovely looking wagon and artillery! Good luck with the move,I hope you have less breakages than I did!
Best Iain

Secundus said...

I know it must be every wargames worst nightmare, the hassle of moving. I know I’m going to age ten years at least!