Sunday, October 25, 2020

US Sharpshooters WIP 2

I think I will use this as a guide for basing... time for the flock machine and the 4mm grass!
Well I have finally finished the painting and given them a shiny coat of floor varnish. I couldn’t wait for the matt varnish and have based them in advance. I over did it with the painting which meant I could put four on a base, five on the command base. There just wasn’t as many loading poses as I would have liked, by the time I had added some the figure count had gone up.
Here is the full unit, five bases and two skirmish bases.


Everyone’s very shiny at the moment, once the glue is dry I will give them a coat of matt varnish. Looks like the captain still needs his black good year rubber buttons added.
A rather confused command base, with the officer talking to the bugler. Probably about to order a retreat in the face of a determined attack. They are covered by a screen of riflemen.  

 This company ended up being mostly sack coats.It looks like they are having a hard time of it.

No comments: