Monday, October 05, 2020

Oathmark Game Night

Last night a friend and I decided to try out the new Oathmark rules. I have been painting up Middle Earth armies for over five years now and I thought it was time to get them dirty.
The scenario was a simple one, hold the river crossing from the filthy orc invader. Against these raiding parties of orcs were two units of ‘ warrior’ Dwarves and a unit of Elf archers.

Two trolls and a small pack of wolves tagged along with the three orc bands.


Dwarf Warriors in Oathmark are basically veterans, with their better combat skill and heavier armour. These were tough nuts to crack. One finally fell, being caught in a flank attack, but they gave as good as they got in the melee rounds.
Two Snow trolls lumber across the scrubland towards the river.
 

3 comments:

caveadsum1471 said...

Nice to see them out and playing! Lovely looking orcs,dwarfs and trolls!
Best Iain

Secundus said...

Thanks caveadsum it’s been a long time since I rolled any dice. It felt great. Two things I love about war gaming, a fist full of dice and the smell of the lichen on the board. That small takes me back thirty odd years to my first battles.

Secundus said...

Thanks caveadsum it’s been a long time since I rolled any dice. It felt great. Two things I love about war gaming, a fist full of dice and the smell of the lichen on the board. That small takes me back thirty odd years to my first battles.