Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Future Foliage




I used a number of flocks, leaves and scatter to finish these bases.

I gave the plastic plants a wash in brown ink, just to bring out some of the detail. The trunks were dry brushed with a lighter  colour, not sure if this really made a lot of difference but I suppose it all helps. I found these fallen leaves in a forgotten tub at the bottom of my scenery box. Looking at the effect on here, they’d be great for my Elven fantasy bases.



Green tufts were scattered around in various places, I think they matched the look quite well. I shy away from these on historical bases because of their hue, but they work with these desert plants.





 

3 comments:

Jim Jackaman said...

Very effective.

Codsticker said...

Great basing. really looks like the debris that collects around plants in the arid environments I have been in.

caveadsum1471 said...

Lovely basing, very nice effect!
Best Iain