Thursday, May 20, 2021

The Army of Lake Town WIP

So here we are on the next step to finishing this lot. I had to wait a few days for some new UHU glue to arrive. The stuff I was using before was quick drying super strength stuff and it was a nightmare to base with. As you know basing an army like this takes endless swoping and moving figures around to create the best bases. This quick drying glue set them all in place in a few seconds with no moving possible, so i decided to wait. 



I hadn’t really worked out how many figures I had or would need and so just started grabbing some and sticking them down. I decided to give each base seven figures as this just looked better, with no gaps in the unit. On this principle it turns out I need two and half more bases to finish the army. This will lead to an army of three units of four bases and a two base unit of archers. This is lucky because I still have some Gripping Beast Jomsvikings to paint so this should finish the army nicely.

These have been blocked out quickly, dipped in Army Painter strong tone, matt varnished with Vallejo varnish. 
I coated the armour and bladed weapons with Kleer floor varnish to give them a bit of shine. A nice quick army to paint with the dip method and once all on the table together, they should do the job.



Bard in place at the head of his army.


 

3 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

They look great...
I’ve started using UniBond No More Nails... it’s got good grip and doesn’t dry too fast.

All the best. Aly

Secundus said...

Thanks Aly, I still have a lot of your Elves! Top tip I might have to look that up.

Johns Miniatures said...

They look great mate!