Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Thick Blue Line

This blog has become a bit of an Army Painter diary... The remaining figures in the Steve Barber regiment pack have been finished. 

These Union regiments are very fun to do as there is minimal uniform reference to look up. Once you know the basic colours it’s just a case of blocking them out. This is a new tin of Army Painter and the drying time is well over 48 hrs, in fact I’d say double that. However, if you’re patient the results are good enough.



These are more generic troops to feed into the Brigade making machine that will cover the board with a yanky blue. I have been gearing myself up to start my Iron Brigade lately and I must strike while the iron is hot ( forgive pun), otherwise that too could be moth balled for six years. The ACW is a firm favourite of mine and I will always keep popping back and saying hello.
A few Renegade miniatures have been added to the ranks for variety. Being very large figures you can’t normally mix them into units. However, these figures from Steve Barber are quite large and the old Renegades fit right in. I did some research on line and it appears the the Renegade company has ceased to be.
An officer turns to see the result of a withering volley. 

 

5 comments:

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Excellent
Going into ACW on the Epic scale myself
Partly to save my sanity in painting

Aly Morrison said...

Splendid... you are certainly rattling through these...

All the best. Aly

Ray Rousell said...

Excellent looking troops!

caveadsum1471 said...

Great looking bunch of Union troops!
Best Iain

Steve said...

Thought that longer drying time with the dip was just me and painting in a cold room! Good to know I've not gone mad. :D