Tuesday, June 29, 2021

British Rocket Battery 20mm 1879




The great thing about working in 20mm is you can paint things up very quickly. I seem to blast through these little chaps even with their fiddly details. I have to say I really enjoyed this little side project and it even got me looking at my 20mm 7th cavalry stuff again.

I love the fact that some officers wore blue patrol jackets, it makes for a much more interesting scene.


This scene in the film was the main influence behind creating the unit, let’s hope they do better on the board than they did in real life.



I decided to base them on 40mm circular bases so they could turn and face different directions and still look together as a unit.
I bought two pack mules from Irregular Miniatures and they seemed to fit the bill nicely. 


Small stones from the garden were added to act as pale rocks in the arid African grasslands.
A nice little project this one and the figures painted up well.

 

No comments: