Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The House that eBay built.

I picked up this very rural looking timber framed house from eBay. I'm slowly collecting buildings for a ECW campaign in a year or two. It's going to take me that long to paint up my Royalists.

Anyway, this big chunk of timber is great for a manor house or something grand. Stick a big wall around it and you have something worth fighting over.

I updated the doors with some MDF left overs, using gel super glue to make the studs in the door.
This building would work for War of the roses too.
Just blocked up some of the drafts while I had my hammer and nails out.
I will go over this once dry and hide some of the cracks with ivy.


 
Stained the door with dark Contrast paint to give it an oak look. I also posted a guard outside to watch it dry.


Always keep a little stash of twigs from the garden in your bits box.





3 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Looks excellent!

pancerni said...

Poor guard, 'you there, come here & watch the paint dry.'

Excellent job of correcting errors or wear and tear.

Phil Curran said...

The house looks very effective.