Friday, April 08, 2022

The wrath of God.

Colonel Bills do some lovely battlefield extras in their Depot battalion range. These include lots of great ECW sets to spice up your games. I also see these as great command figures too that can be drafted into your field regiments. This set of a preacher berating two officers is perfect for my new Commanded Shotte unit.
I thought I would give the black Contrast paint a whirl on this preacher. I dry brushed him first with layers of browns to create nice shading 

Here is the set with the preacher finished. I think these are meant to be Royalist officers, but they will be drafted into my Round head battalion no problem.
This new Parliamentarian unit is going to be from Buckinghamshire and come across as very Godly, for it will have two preachers in the ranks. One of these was painted long ago and has sat waiting for a home to go to.

 Tyrrell's Buckingham Foot is just such a home. The unit will be musketeers taken from the Buckingham garrison to form a Commanded Shotte. They will carry two colours though from the garrison, just because I like the look of standards on the board.



 

No comments: