Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Orc Update

Sticking the heads far forward and lower on the body, gives you a good base for creating hunched Orcs.
This nice horned helmet is taken from a Frost grave Barbarian set.
I plan to give these Uruks thick leather cowls, but any excuse to practice more chainmail is taken.






" He can't take his grog!" This figure had been destined for a shield. However, on studying the photos I thought a drinking skin would look better.

The plastics can look a little weird before the green stuff is added.




Definitely getting the hang of this chainmail thing, practice makes perfect.

Hammered iron shoulder armour.

 
I also had a go at creating broad, brutal looking swords from flattened brush bristles. These were first inspired by those of Mark Copplestone's Half orcs. However, they also match the weapons of the Black Uruks from the Peter Jackson films.

Crude, but effective, perfect for hacking!.
These new kettle helms were taken from an Atlantic games Halfling sprue, I got free with a magazine. 

4 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

You are certainly getting the hang of pushing green stuff around…
They look great…

All the best. Aly

Secundus said...

Thanks Aly, I'm having a blast trying out this chainmail thing

Rob said...

This is a serious production line of orcs - do you have a target or is just where the mood of the moment takes you?

Secundus said...

I just enjoy this topic. It gives a chance to use your imagination. No real plan, just enjoying using the green stuff. I always make too many then realize I have to paint them.