Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Decepticon Medic


After playing the first game of Xenos Rampant with this guy's and using the Medic rule for the Autobots, I thought it would be a good idea to create a Decepticon variant. The Autobots have Ratchet of course, but there is no one for the bad guys. After doing a bit of research I came up with a Decepticon medic from the IDW comics. This guy looks to be based on a Ratchet design and was quite easy to recreate in miniature.

This massive van was loaded up with heavy weapons to make full use of the space. 'Flakback' is the name I settled on as it sums up all the firepower. He reminds me of the Ghostbusters car with all the bits on top.

For Flakback's character, I stuck on loads of large sheets of metal that look like they could make up the sides of van. These pieces were the underneath of the Micromachine toys I had unscrewed to remove the wheels. They made for interesting shapes and were not to be wasted.

Here is the Decepticon medic mentioned earlier, I'm quite pleased with the miniature version. 
Being a medic, I gave this bot a flick up arm monitor and some wrist detailing to suit his role.
Now I need to come up with a good name for him..
Maybe 'Wrench' would be quite fitting, sounds helpful and brutal at the same time.

No comments: