Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Luke APS basing

 Well after trying this product of my Sci-Fi troopers I thought I would give it a go on my fantasy bases too. These poor Elves have been waiting for months to be finished and within a couple of minutes they were. I chose the Arid Grassland mix to match my sandy fantasy bases. To my delight the basing material was a good match and the new bases fitted in well with the old. The old base is on the left above.

The only thing I needed to do was to paint the large pebbles ‘granite’ grey and dry brush them. After these pebbles were washed with green and tufts added, the bases were hard to tell apart. Again, very pleased with this as painting these large detailed bases were a real pain. Trying to dry brush between the figures feet was no fun, hence the reason they sat for months waiting to be finished.

 This will make life a lot easier and the huge fantasy armies waiting in the wings should be a breeze now.

 The officer has been dipped into Luke’s basing product, you can see here it is a little more subtle than my mix on the bigger base. I mean the name ‘Arid Grassland’ seems to cry out Zulu to me... I might need to buy another bag.

No comments: