Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Basing night!

This was the second time trying out Luke APS basing material, again I was greatly impressed. The arid grassland mix seemed perfect for American ground. On top of this I put patches of summer grass flock and then patches of mixed herbs. Mixed herbs from the kitchen cupboard act as great leaf/fern cover on the base. A nice touch is to put some around twigs so it looks like the branch has started to break down.
These are still not finished yet, later I will get my flock box out and give them clumps of 4-6mm static grass.
I have been hanging onto an old bonsai tree that died twenty years ago for the purpose of basing. Now these fantasy bases were the perfect excuse to dig it out and use it. It’s twisty roots were perfect for a good Middle Earth look.





No comments: