Sunday, May 10, 2020

Massing the forces

 It’s that great time again when you take the new stuff upstairs to join it with the old stuff. They fitted together really well even though they were painted in different Methods.

 The poor Confederates have some catching up to do. These were a select few figures that seemed to scream Confederate and I couldn’t bring myself to paint them as Union. They became the first new bases of the Confederacy.


The latest troops were matte varnished using brush on Vallejo matte varnish. It gives a slight more glossy finish which is quite appealing in its own right. The old lot were sprayed with Windsor and Newton matte varnish, which gives a very, very matte finish. However, after my disaster using this process on my ECW Forlorn hope, I think I have been put off the spray method for life. At least with brush on varnish you know what your getting and there’s no nasty surprises.

 There’s still a lot of bases to come, my goal is around 120 bases for the Union. I think I can do it as I’ve got the Irish Brigade to come and the Iron Brigade would be nice too.

1 comment:

szeperd said...

This kind of pictures are usially breath taking. So are yours. Congratulations and respect!