Saturday, April 17, 2021

Lake Town update.


Well the good denizens of Lake Town continue to be painted in small groups of three at a time. I’m not sure if it’s because it’s a new tin of Army Painter, but my first batches still aren’t dry. So to up the anti, I placed them outside to get some wind between their legs. It was nice to take a look at them in the day light and see a lot of the strong colours haven’t been too dulled.

Although I took pictures of them in the sun I didn’t leave them too long there and quickly moved into the shade. I’m not sure if extreme sun light effects drying varnish... but I didn’t want to risk it after all the hard work.






These have been shut up in the shed so it’s nice to get them out in the light and take a good look at the dip. It seems to be looking okay, any mistakes can be touched up before I matt varnish them.



Mob rule.

An eastern warrior reflects the trading that went on in Lake Town.



These two archers are fresh today! They join the ranks of the other toffee apples out in the breeze.
‘Well hello there” Ben Kenobi drops by to help with the defences.

 

2 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Very atmospheric figures.

Secundus said...

Thanks George, nice of you to say. These lake men are interesting because they are a settlement rather than a professional army like the Dwarves. They take a little more thought to get your mind into who they are and what they all do for a living. They will certainly look a motley lot when finished that is for sure.