Friday, January 07, 2022

You just can’t hide your lion eyes!

Another couple of Fomorian characters were finished tonight. I guess the Lion fish guy could be some kind of shaman or Druid. The cruel gods of the chaotic sea demons work in mysterious ways.
I found a great Viking shield design on line and it gave me an idea for the Fomorian’s chaotic shield designs. A black field to represent the deep North Sea and Teal patterns, again echoing the sea. Rather than ordered patterns and designs, these will be chaotic, swirling out of control like the waves of the ocean. This hopefully will contrast with the artful and graceful swirls of the Sedhe artwork.
Send in the clowns…

I couldn’t resist painting a helmeted guy up first out of the new batch. I’m still trying to settle on a winning formula for the weathering.

Here are the two versions of the same figure, one has a new cloak the other is now high born, with armour to fit his status.
The weird and the wonderful, cruel and terrible Fomori.



A motley looking band of misfits, twisted and evil.



I was lucky enough to have a Greek shield with a Lion like motif, this was perfect for the Character.

The circus comes to town.

 Below is the Viking shield I found on the internet, it struck me straight away that these would make great colours for a Fomorian force. Even the three swirls and waves are perfect for the Fimori.


1 comment:

Grenzer John said...

They all look really fine to me!