Saturday, January 01, 2022

Even Mori Fomori

This session I really wanted to get to grips with chain mail. In my head I think I’ve cracked it and the results are much better. The Fomorian above has mail stitched with tiny plates.
A really strange organic set of ancient armour. Lots of Celtic swirls and shapes.


 

I’m getting quite carried away with creating helmets, it’s not as hard as I thought and it adds so much more character to the models.
This Guy reminds me of an Elite from the Xbox game Halo.


This giant skull has been in the sea too long and has become encrusted with barnacles.



Just a quick little fix to secure a hand weapon.
A bit of wet hair finishes this new helmet.

Fomorian Tory party.

I’ve been looking around for different pen tops to make marks with. A common Bic biro can give you at least four different sized circles. The top, the nib and the ink tube itself can all be used for a decreasing circle pattern.

All these sculpting tools clip together for ease of storage. Very nifty piece of kit.

Another detailed Celtic shoulder piece. More nonsense swirls and circles, anything to catch the ink.
A sea shell shoulder piece, again a nice nod to the sea faring Fonori.

Still trying to perfect the chain mail. 
For these padrons I used a rounded, blunt tool to create simple hammer marks. This should look realistic when painted and weathered.




3 comments:

Simon said...

Very impressive, this is certainly going to be a unique force.

George Duff said...

Unique an interesting work. I see you were just using the orcs for practice towards this masterpiece effort.

Secundus said...

To be honest i didn’t think I could do it. I had messed around with cloaks before but nothing too taxing. After this I think the orcs will be getting more shoddy armour pieces and chain mail.