Sunday, June 11, 2023

Autobot Chop Shop

I've been thinking of ways to create new bots for the Cybertronianic wars. Splicing different bodies together seems like another way to create variaty.

I decided to pin the limbs in place to make them much more durable. The soft rubber was easy to drill.
Frankinbots! Hopefully they will take on character when painted up. It's nice to create brand new designs and takes the stress out of recreating existing characters.

The one with the back shield is called Vanguard. I found it's good to name them as you're making them, as it helps with the creation and look of the finished bot. The big shield was the starting point.

 

I tried to create interesting silhouettes when sticking on the greeblies.



This tape deck is my version of Blaster. It's modelled from a later incarnation of Soundwave. I've added some Blaster details to help with the look. The head is a resin sci-fi head from Maxmini. I thought it looked Autobot enough to work. I also added some horns to it.
After sticking a Lego lightsaber to the back of this bot, It took on a tank vibe. I had to give it tracks after that and I'm pleased with the finished look. He is definitely a armoured fighting vehicle when transformed.



Here is the strange mash up, this is a classic generic bot that is the first to go.
Vanguard has grown on me due to his unusual back shield. He too has a tank feel to him. Again the back shield is a piece of Lego.




Blaster with his nemasis, Soundwave. I couldn't get him to the same height as Soundwave but maybe I can do something clever with the base. These two audio devices are old enemies and that should make for some good games.

Plasticard bits fill in the gaps on the toys.

No comments: