Thursday, June 29, 2023

Creating Impactor

I really loved the character of Impactor in the new Netflix series. After buying an old comic and finding out his origin, I decided I had to create him. My version will be an early form in the early war stages to justify his appearance.
Impactor lead a group of commando Autobots in the comics and this unit would be great to game with. So Impactor got the green light and went into the assembly line. I used a small Optimus Prime figure as a starting point and added bits of plasticard for detail.
I loved his shoulder mounted cannon, mine might be a tad oversized but I like it that way. A meaty weapon that forms the main gun in his tank mode.

I used the corrugated plastic again to create tank tracks, this time flaring them out on the side of the legs. Making these bots is very fun and rewarding, I never thought I'd ever be able to war game with Transformers.
My oversized gun gets more greeblies on it, can you ever have enough...?

I quite liked the fact that a lot of his detail is made up of GW tank tracks. It just seemed right as he changes into a tank, they just gave him the right vibe. 



The character from the Netflix series, complete with his harpoon hand. I wasn't sure if to give mine this feature, but in the end I found a subtle Lego bit that worked.

Making these guns and robots has lead me to think about one day creating a space fleet of starships. I think it could be easily done, or maybe create some larger captital ships for a smaller range. Anyway one thing leads on to another in this hobby, I think it could be done.
I do love his shoulder cannon, you can see why he was such a formidable fighter.
Right at the start, a little Prime figure waits for his plastic surgery.
 UPDATE: Impactor lives!











No comments: