Saturday, June 24, 2023

War for Cybertron

I thought I'd have a go at creating bases from cereal boxes rather than expensive plasticard. I used the cereal box stuff to do most of the panels and just added tiny amounts of plasticard for detailing. This worked well and should keep the costs down.



A new tank bot thunders into action. I used strips of the curragated plasticard to create tracks on his legs. Hopefully, with his Lego lightsaber gun barrel, he gives the impression of a tank when transformed.
Recoil is born!



Ironhide meets the new recruits.
 
Cybertron units so far.
A unit of Decepticon Heavy infantry for Xenos Rampant.
 This is Starscream's group of Seekers, cunning and deadly fighters. I had planned on units of threes but I have enough figures now to field five to a squad. These 'Seekers' were often made up for the cartoon episode, creating endless colour variations. The nice thing about having bigger squads is that you can include more of these colour variants.
Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Gunwing, Sunstorm.

Now that I had created enough to make units, I've had the daunting task of naming them. Many are actual characters from the cartoon, but many are new bots straight off the essembly line.
Ratchet, Cranktracks, Flatload, Springer, Recoil.
A unit of Autobot Heavy infantry. Springer leads a group of tough Autobots., Could these be the famous Wreckers? I may have to create a few of the Wrecker characters, as I do like the idea of a unit of tough commandos. 

It would be good to create the Wreckers as a veteran unit. I'll have to put a Impactor character together to lead them.
A unit of Autobot Heavy infantry lead by Ironhide.
Bullhorn, Remix, Hard-line, Ironhide, Bluebird.
A unit of Autobot Light infantry lead by Hound.

Hound, Sunstreaker, Howler, Sideswipe, Crossflare.

There are a few bots left that will start new units, like Shockwave and the two Decepticon helicopters, Havoc and Maniac.

No comments: