Saturday, June 17, 2023

Gaslands Fun

Having enjoyed a fun game of Gaslands the other day with the Wargames group, I felt inspired to create a few vehicles.



Having amassed a pile of textured plasticard for the Cybertronian project, I thought many of these could be used to armour up cars etc. I offered to create some for a friend and he kindly sent me spare Gasland sprues in the post. These are useful as they include drivers and engines etc for the build.




It's fun to just cut up tiny blocks of plasticard and stick it in the back of the vehicle. I imagine these to be tool boxes and the like. There are a few bits from GW in there too like the flamer.







A drill was used to create the bullet holes. They look good as dents as well, where the drill has not passed all the way through.




 This is my charity shop haul, 50p each, can't argue with that. Some are large and chunky, ex military looking.

UPDATE: All painted, It looks quite scrappy and could belong  a scavenger group.






Neo Nazis maybe.

The windscreen isn't armoured... however this did me the chance to do a nice dust effect on the window.


This build gave me the chance to try out loads of weathering effects. Sand dust wash and a good new red rust effect paint.


More vehicles appear on the horizon. One I've based on Mad Max's patrol car. The other is a very militaristic vehicle. I've given this one high grade armour to match its design.






2 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice work. Love the rusty look.

pancerni said...

Quite de orky look Da Boyz appruv!